2 Blackstrap Road, Falmouth, Maine
What Implants Can do for You
Implants are a More Reliable Permanent Solution
WHAT IS THE COST?
- Every treatment plan is individual-based. Some of the factors that influence the cost are: the number of dental implants needed, bone graft procedures (if necessary), and the materials used.
- It is important to consider long-term versus short-term treatment options for tooth replacement.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS?
As with any surgical procedure, complications can occur. Consult your physician about any possible risks.
HOW LONG DO IMPLANTS LAST?
The long-term studies have confirmed a success rate of over 95% after 10 years. Careful treatment planning, proper implant placement, regular follow-ups with your dentist and good oral hygiene are all factors that influence the long-term success of implants.
IS THE PROCEDURE PAINFUL?
- Dental implants are usually placed under local anesthesia; you should not feel anything during the procedure.
- If you do feel any discomfort, Dr. Myers can provide you with a solution.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Look and perform like natural teeth
- Reliable solution for tooth replacement in situations of trauma or missing teeth
- Do not impact healthy adjacent teeth unlike dentures or bridges
- Ability to give patient more confidence with implant retained appliances
THE IMPLANT PROCESS
- TITANIUM IMPLANT is placed and integrates with the bone.
- ABUTMENT, which fits over the portion of the implant that protrudes from the gum line.
- CROWN is fabricated by Dr. Myers and fitted onto the abutment for a natural appearance.